Before I was a runner
- PR meant Puerto Rico
- Lap Splits sounded like something I'd have to pay extra for at a strip club.
- Negative Splits sounded like something I paid extra for that went awry.
- Running in the woods? Not without a bear chasing me!
- Defecating in the woods? Umm...
- When someone said "it's freezing outside", I didn't think "oh, that's warm!"
- Waking up at 4:45am when the wind chill is -1 on a Wednesday morning meant crawling back into bed - NOT getting outside for 80-90 minutes.
- I never knew my nipples would produce anything, let alone blood.
- A marathon happened every year, around Christmas time, when TBS would play A Christmas Story for 24 hours straight.
- The only times I was up to see the sun rise were the nights I hadn't gone to bed yet.
- If I disappeared for a couple of hours with a woman friend of mine and came home all sore and sweaty, there'd be a few more questions than "So, how was it?"
How about you?